Licenciatura in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico (1997)
- Bachelor Degree in Viola, Academia Nacional Superior de Orquestra (1999)
- Ph.D. Degree n in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Instituto Superior Técnico (2013)
- Project management certification, Level D IPMA. CEPEI, Instituto Superior Técnico (2015)
- IT service management (ITIL) v3 Foundation Level certification, APMG International. CEPEI, Instituto Superior Técnico (2015)
- Doctor Specialist in Computer Science, Lusíada University, Lisbon, Portugal (2015)
Currently involved in the following EU funded research projects:
- IRACON – Inclusive Radio Communications, 2016-2020.
Participated in the following EU funded research projects:
- MCN – Mobile Cloud Networkings, 2012-2015.
- IC 1004 – Cooperative Radio Communications for Green Smart Environments, 2011-2015.
- NEWCOM# – Network of Excellence in Wireless COMmunications #, 2011-2015
- SAIL – Scalable and Adaptive Internet Solutions (2010-2013).
- 4WARD – Architecture and Design for the Future Internet (2008-2010).
- COST 2100 – Pervasive Mobile & Ambient Wireless Communications (2006-2010).
- NEWCOM++ – Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications (2008-2010).
- WIP – An All-Wireless Mobile Network Architecture (2006-2008).
- NEWCOM – Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications (2004-2007).
- FLOWS – Flexible Convergence of Wireless Systems (2002-2004).
- ANWIRE – Academic Network for Wireless Internet Research in Europe (2002-2004).
- COST 273 – Towards Mobile Broadband Multimedia Communications (2001-2005).
- MOMENTUM – Models and Simulations for Network Planning and Control of UMTS (2001-2003).
- ASILUM – Advanced Signal Processing Schemes for Link Capacity Increase in UMTS (2000-2001).
- COST 259 – Flexible Wireless Personalised Communications (1997-2000).
Participated in the following national projects:
- MONIT – Monitoring of Electromagnetic Radiation in Mobile Communications (2004-2012).
- MetroComp: Study of the electromagnetic compatibility between public cellular communication systems (GSM and UMTS) and Metro’s underground ones (2005-2006).
- InPen: Characterisation of signal penetration into buildings for GSM and UMTS (for Optimus operator) (2005).
- ImpAnt: Study of the impact of an urbanisation onto ANACOM’s spectrum monitoring system, namely on its antennas (2005).
- ITEM: Definition of Exclusion Zones around typical Installations of Base Station Antennas (2002-2004).
Attendance to 27 certified telecommunications training courses, given by several institutions in Europe, addressing topics such as LTE, Cloud-RAN, UMTS, Wi-Fi, IP, cognitive, self-organised, mesh, cooperative, heterogeneous and green networks, and paradigms such as cellular planning and optimisation.
Member of IEEE and board member of IEEE Portugal Communications Society Chapter.
Viola player, member of Quarteto Arabesco, Os Musicos do Tejo and Divino Sospiro baroque orchestras, and Lisbon Sinfonietta Orchestra. Bachelor degree in viola from Academia Nacional Superior de Orchestra (1998) and post-grade studies in viola in the Royal Conservatory of The Hague (2001).